Taiwan Highspeed Raiway Pass Redemption Process:
- Please display the E-Ticket Redeption Code along with Passport to exchange for Taiwan Highspeed Railway Pass.
- You may use the E-Ticket Redeption Code to exchange for THSR Pass within 88 days from the date of purchase. Exchange will not be allowed once the validity period is over. No revalidation will be allowed as well.
- Once the E-Ticket Redeption Code is use to exchange for the THSR Pass, the ticketing counter will request the starting date of usage. Once the date is fixed, please utilize the pass on the specified starting date.
- The THSR 3-Day Pass must be used in 3 consecutive days.
- Reservation of seat can be done at any of THSR Ticket Counter or Taipei Main Station, free of charge. Please reserve in advance to successfully book for your desired seat.
- Free sitting is allowed at any time by utilizing the THSR pass.
THSR 3-Day Pass info:
- Unlimited amount of travelling on Taiwan Highspeed Railway for 3 consecutive days.
- The pass can only be used by the individual owner and is not transferrable.
- Not applicable for Business Class Cars, Tour Trains, Cruise Trains, and trains specified by the Taiwan Railway. Seats must be available in order to travel on the Taroko Express and Puyuma Express.
- During extraordinary circumstances, such as train delays, interruption of service or cancellation of trains, the PASS will not be compensated for, nor will the valid period be extended by THSR and Taiwan Railway.
- When travelling with the PASS, the passenger is required to enter and exit the stations via the manned gates; please bring the original copy of your passport for verification purposes. If the date is not within the valid period, or if you cannot present your passport, or if the identify on the PASS does not match that of the passenger, he/she will not be allowed to board the train, and those who have already boarded the train must buy another ticket.
Warnings of the activity:
- Limited to foreign visitors holding tourist visas valid for 6 months or less. If you are visa-free tourist valid 90 days or less in Taiwan, purchases must be made from overseas before arriving in Taiwan.